The best separates between $2500-3000. Moving on from the original Rogue Sphinx Intg..

I have decided  NOT to upgrade the original  Rogue Sphinx integrated amp to its new version.  Therefore, I would humbly ask for recommendations for  the best separates in the $2500-3000 range. I would prefer the same brand pre-amp and power amp, but will consider mixed brands.

My requirements are basic: at least 150-175 RMS; a simple "quality" remote with a mute switch and smoothly calibrated volume control.  Pre-amp Out ( optional) feature;.  A good headphone stage;  A good to VG phono stage, BUT  CAN forego in favor of a good  phono box.. .

I DON'T WANT OR NEED:  an onboard DAC for streaming audio files  ; processor loops, or subwoofer inputs and outputs HT inputs and outputs;  class D amp

Because of the plethora of new pre-amps with the features I don't want, I might consider older "quality" pre-amps without the bells and whistles. However, I AM NOT interested in  so called   "upgraded" vintage  or refurbished" crap from 20-30 years ago. I recently got burned on a refurbished and marginally upgraded turntable. My mistake.  Thank you for your advice 

sunnyjim
Audio by Van Alstine (avahifi) could be an option for new components.  The Vision SL preamp with phono and remote is 1499.00 and the Synergy 300 amp is 150W per channel for another 1499.00 and it is rated down to 2 ohm load.  No fancy casework but might be worth checking out.

jl35   Thank you again for your recommendations   I believe you mentioned the Rowland Capri before; it which looks stunning but how does it sound??. The Odyssey Stratos is a viable alternative to the Khartago, but it is heavy and big, and I have a bad back.

I have seen a used ARC 150.2  amp on ebay which is 150RMS. It looks clean but  was, according to the seller was issued in 1993 which means it is 23 years old.  It got mixed reviews, some loved it;  some claim it is garbage. Seller  wants $1400, but that is too much. I believe its  market value may be $950 regardless of it ARC pedigree.  It is either a tube or hybrid amp, and the seller claimed he upgraded two tubes.  I don't think he will back off much from his selling price

To rhljazz   I am also am considering  AVA,.  I saw in the new issue of TAS, that Frank issued a new preamp, the Transcendence 8 ( retail is $899.  However,  his website is confusing because of  all the options you can add,   The pre-amp and power amp you mentioned, I saw and I will check out again because I thought  that the phono stage and remote were extras which can add  $600 to the final ticket.

In addition,  despite AVA's reputation and service, they offer no discount. And I would like to stay under 3K.  I could consider the SL Vision pre-amp with  either the Khartago, or  Stratos, or even the ARC, if I could buy it for say $950. The Stratos Plus is $1500. and Khartago Plus is $1375. However, I misstated before it was 130RMS, but it is only 110RMS.  I want to find a combo that is a significant step up in sound quality from the Rogue Sphinx v.1 integrated   BTW, I never heard any one on this blog make comment about the sound quality of  AVA phono stages whether  MM or MM/MC. The Rogue phono stage is a very good.   Thanks guys. Jim  

To Lowrider. I think I have seen a few reviews of  Parasound A-21 amp that were very strong about its performance.  However, this company has never impressed me, and its expensive integrated amp looks like cucukoo clock with mutiiple  features I don't need or want.  However, I will check out a few reviews, and see there if any currently on AG. Have you ever auditioned the A-21??. Don't want a typical SS sound

BTW,  check out my last response.  Do you have any information or heard the Audio Research Company 150.2 amp.  Neil Gader

of TAS reviewed it in 2008 and loved. But Jonathan Valin in the same review added his rejoiner, and said the amp sounded  like a light weight, and lacked presence.  John Crossett of Sound Stage reviewed the 150.2 in 2004 praised its neutrality, low end punch. and cool running and 300RMS at 4ohms; it is 150 RMS at the standard 8 ohms  but cautioned it has to stay on 24/7 for best sound, I am not  sure if it is tube or SS hybrid.  Issued in 1993, it is 23 years old, but looks clean. Seller on ebay wants $1400, but despite it being an ARC amp, I believe it is worth $900-950 on the resale market because of its age.  Thanks   

I also thought the Khartago Plus was 130 watts.  I had back surgery but have a friend to move my amp every few years - don't let the back hold you back - get what you want :)