Speaker Recommendation Needed

Hi,

I just bought a Peachtree Nova 125se and am now looking for a good speaker match for me. I live in a small town so won't have an opportunity to audition anything. The speakers will go in my living room which is about mid-sized and opens up into the kitchen. I listen mostly to folk, soul and rock. I own a REL T5 sub which I can pair with a bookshelf to augment the bass but I also like the idea of small floorstanders. I usually turn up the treble a few notches but the Peachtree does not have tone controls so I would like to find a bright sounding speaker with a forward midrange as well. Here are some speakers i am considering:

1. Wharfedale Jade 3
2. KEF LS50
3. Dynaudio Excite X14
4. Monitor Audio Silver 6
5. Zu Audio Soul

What do you audio people think?

Thanks,

Brian

128x128brimel1974
To answer a previous question the speaker's I am using are a pair of Wharfedale 10.1s paired with a Rel T5 sub. I am using a cheap Denon AV/Receiver to power them. Before and after the sub I turned the treble up to +4.

I just got the Peachtree Nova 125se in the mail this week and have not hooked it up.

I am not even sure I need to fill up a large room. I just want to be able to turn it up occasionally so it plays into the kitchen.

I have space in the living room for either bookshelf speakers and a sub or smallish tower speakers. 
The Salk Songtowers are just to large for my room. Haven't been able to find a review for the Songbirds but I would be interested if anyone can find a review or has heard them first hand.

"I am not even sure I need to fill up a large room. I just want to be able to turn it up occasionally so it plays into the kitchen."

The further you are away from the speakers, the more you must turn it up for a perceived volume. Also, speaker sensitivity determines power necessary for a certain volume. The highest sensitivity speaker in this post is 99db and the lowest is 84db. For the same volume, the 84db speaker will need 30x more power than the 99db speaker. As I previously stated, bass distortion increases when a speaker is driven to its maximum, and this will likely happen when trying to increase volume over a distance with a low sensitivity speaker.

As far as needing to turn up the treble, speaker placement in the room could cause this. Are your current speakers on a stand, table, floor, or in a bookcase? If in a bookcase, pushed back or pulled forward? If not in a bookcase, how close to back and side walls? In a corner?