"Stairway To Heaven" Plagarism court case

128x128mofimadness
It wasn’t I who said the Brits play Blues "in the worst way", it was Sonny Boy Williamson! I myself like a fair number of them, if you include Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. Yeah, Clapton, Page, and Peter Green, but also Albert Lee (not a Blues player, but still), Dave Edmunds, Billy Bremmer, Richard Thompson, Danny Kirwin, Mark Knopfler, Chris Spedding (fantastic player!), plenty of others. Page, however, is not respected by his peers not only for the topic of this post, but for his guitar playing as well. Very, very sloppy (he was obviously Slash's role model ;-). And Plant’s "singing"? If you look in the dictionary for the definition of corny, "trying-too-hard-to-sound-soulful" singing, there should be a picture of Robert. Just God awful, the absolute worst-of-the-worst. Just my opinion of course, one shared by Sonny Boy Williamson.
If it doesn't fit, you must acquit. 

Still, reading about Led Zep in the headlines for other than trashing hotel rooms and violating our daughters is awesome and welcome. I read every news update I could on this. Trial should have been longer, with maybe some more guest appearances.  Great courtroom sketches too. 

And the best part is that there will be some curious young music lovers who will now investigate LZ and discover how great they are/were. 

It is all so childish and terribly silly; those very guitar figures were composed and widely used a variety of Baroque settings during the 17th century.