Anthem AVM 30 or Emotiva UMC-1

I currently own an Anthem AVM-30 which I use primarily for home theater. I have a separate two channel system. My issue is that I am tired of manually pushing the two separate 3-HDMI switches that I have for the 5 following pieces of equipment. (Sony Play Station 3, Oppo BDP-83SE, Verizon FIOS, Apple Mac Mini and D-Link Boxee). I heard that the Emotiva sells direct and was wondering if it is a myth that the $699 UMC-1 is equivalent to the $2999 AVM 30. Also, one of my primary reasons for switching is that I can do away with the two HDMI switch boxes and simply use the inputs on the UMC-1. Unfortunately, I will have to get new S/E cables or adapters instead of balanced cables. Am I missing anything important?
aaronmadler
Can't live with yourself if you don't get in the last word (and version of reality) can you....
The resident trolls will attempt to skew this advice. Like I said: Do your own research on the unit's performance today.

Rob
Robbob (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

Some people never learn.

12-29-10: James_lipski
Can't live with yourself if you don't get in the last word (and version of reality) can you....
James_lipski (Answers | This Thread)

Attention!!! Attention!!! Pot calling kettle black!!!

Both have made their points over and over. See the other threads on the UMC-1 and you can see this argument played out ad nauseum. Give it a rest boys.
"Attention!!! Attention!!! Pot calling kettle black!!!"

I understood the irony of my post. So I applaud you for being a master of the obvious. What I don't understand is why you feel you have to interject yourself into this? If you are above the fray, as you seem to imply you are, then why bother? I suppose you feel you are doing the audiogon community a service. Spare me your holier than thou diatribe and save the bad cop routine for another thread.
If it had been done only one time it would be ironic. When it gets into the double digits it becomes major league whining. Your point has been made. You must be the one feeling that you are doing the Audiogon community a service by saying the same thing over and over and continuing an argument that should have been finished long ago. People are smart enough to follow the links provided if they are interested. That is not good enough for you. There has been a whole lot of interjecting by you that has not furthered any of the threads at all after your point was made. Feel relieved that you have done your duty, you can stop now.

I read the threads of equipment I am interested in and may consider purchasing. It gets old reading the same old argument. So it is not holier than thou, it is an interested party that is tired of listening to your PAM (P*** and Moan).
I responded to points made by another poster. Again if you have an issue with it don't read it. If you feel that you have the authority to edit anything I say I would reconsider. What is always old is when an "enlightened" party enters into a discussion and feels they will "set things straight". I will interject anywhere I desire and anytime I feel the need, and if this irks you so what. Remember you are just another member, nothing more and nothing less. Are you going to run to a moderator and get the thread closed? The bad cop routine is weak and best served elsewhere.