New level of ridiculousness

$8,995 for a power strip???
Stick 8 off the shelf receptacles in a marble??? box, and there it is.
It is getting more and more ridiculous. As if manufacturers are now driven by a desire to extract as much $$$ from aaudiophiles with sufficient income, and not by a desire to advance the quality of their products.
I wonder...
maril555
Mapman, it does have a major impact on tv, but I don't know whether your supposition about vision being more sensitive than hearing is true.

Noromance, once I hardwired my entire system for ac. It was much better but scary as I had no fuses, etc. I, of course, doubt your statement that, of course, it would be better. I would suspect it would be but am not about to bother to try it. With fewer contacts everything should be better. So hard wire everything together and hope for the best.
"I don't know whether your supposition about vision being more sensitive than hearing is true"

Not necessarily more sensitive,just easier to assess differences with video versus audio I think.
Have you ever considered the 200 units sold for $200,000 may only break even the cost of research and development, plus the cost of doing business.  Maybe its the only way an audio business can stay on the cutting edge and trickle down the technology to the more affordable models?  I believe we all owe the uber wealthy a debt of gratitude.  If not for them, all our speakers would be rectangular particle board boxes with Pioneer or Yamaha on the grill cloth.  Open your own business, hire employees, pay the taxes, the rent, LNI, SS, Medicare, health insurance etc.  I do.  It's crushing the cost of doing business.  If I don't make money I still have to pay wages.  If I bid a job wrong, I have to complete it at a loss.  Its scary as heck.  Its expensive.