Why are record cleaners so expensive?

Full disclosure: I have only the Spin-Clean record cleaner and a Hunt EDA brush to clean my vinyl, but as someone who's been in the digital side of audiophilia for decades, and as someone who knows how much gear can get in any dedicated hobby, I'm still curious as to why a high end vinyl cleaner can cost more than three grand.

I'm not disputing the price; after all, Smith said that something's worth whatever someone pays for it. Moreover, a high end record cleaner might be able to do things to vinyl that nothing else can. Still, paying three grand for an Audio Desk cleaner seems a bit out of reason. $3K can buy a good set of speakers; a hand-made fly-fishing rod based on your height and weight and arm length; two weeks at a Fijian resort for two; a custom-made suit from an Italian mill. So why is a glorified vacuum cleaner $3K?

Again, not flaming, just curious. Enlighten me?

s
128x128simao
http://hifiheaven.net/shop/Ultra-Systems-A-Rings

If this gives you guys any idea of the true mark-up, I can tell you that the electronics inside that machine probably cost less than 100 dollars. The 3 grand price point is because people will pay it.
 You'd pay $3k for a f#*@king fishing pole and you think an ultrasonic RC is overpriced???
I had a vpi 16.5 and currently have a nitty gritty,when i wrap up a couple loose ends with my setup I will certainly be looking to step up.I look at it like this ,even when I have a cleaned lp and grab it out I instantly walk towards my cleaner out of habit .It becomes just part of the steps to play vinyl to me ,clean,static etc.The better the vinyl is cleaned the less i hear and also the more i hear , so i believe a cleaner needs to reflect the caliber of what your trying to achieve.Just add it in to the front end cost,I could see having a couple grand in a cleaning setup personnally ..