Why do I keep torturing myself with remasters?

I am really beginning to believe these 180 remasters are mixed for a 500.00 system.It seems every one I buy it's either super bright,or has an ass load of bass in all the wrong places.The Bowie i have the soundstage is all wacked out .I have a decent setup but i can't imagine how much more obvious it must be on a serious setup.I can say the Yes fragile I got lately (cut fromt he original tapes) sounds pretty good ,Zeppelin In thru the outdoor Yikes! so bright waste of 25.00 again..... 
128x128oleschool
Although the aqualung i have sounds better then the original ,i believe some of the early recordings were poor so sometimes its an improvement..

Someone once said that the original Chrysalis Jethro Tull albums suffer more or less from bad pressing quality. I have a Pink Rim "Benefit" (ILPS 9123) it´s very nice no issues... Oh dear I must listen it right away...
Ole- you might enjoy reading this, both as to pressings and for the interview that is included as a link within this piece. (There is also another link in the piece to an extensive shoot-out I did a year or so ago on a number of different pressings of Aqualung).  [url]http://thevinylpress.com/early-tull-on-vinyl/[/url]

best,
bill hart
great read Bill ,I enjoyed the whole site .I made it through most of it and am always learning ,thanks you .