Lyra Atlas experiences

A few years ago, I invested in a Lyra Atlas cartridge / pickup. I have moved up, from Lyra Clavis in the early 2000s and Lyra Titan i later. The Atlas was expensive, but I have not looked back. Yet I wonder, can something more be done, to optimize the Atlas, in my system, and others. How can this remarkable pickup run its best. What are the best phono preamp and system matches. Should the system be rearranged. Have anyone done mods or DIYs to their systems to get the "reception" right? What happened? Comments welcome. You dont need to own a Lyra Atlas but you should have heard it, to join this discussion. Comments from the folks at Lyra are extra welcome - what is your experience.
Oystein
o_holter
Hi Raul

thanks,  That is why I did not mention Linear tracking :-)

It is quite amusing that many arguments over different alignment curves like Baer, Loef and Stevenson and what sounds best.
  Here we have a tonearm that is proven with maths and splendid execution to reduce tracking error to 0.0006 % vs over 2% for all other alignment curves.

yes, I am a believer,  as you can hear the difference in clarity and purity of the lower % tracking error.

cheers
Dear @downunder :  ""  you can hear the difference in clarity and purity of the lower % tracking error. ""

there is no doubt about because lower tracking error means at least two things: lower distortions and higher music information.

As always and your tonearm included the name in the tonearm/cartridge set up is accuracy behind that set up. The differences we can hear between Baerwald and Löfgren B are not because one alignment been superior to the other but because differences, minute differences, on each alignment set up.

I can remember when appeared the MINT LP protractor where every single gentleman that use it was and is totally satisfied and where all of them heard more or les what you stated and why is that: because the MINT LP is really outstanding?, no because for the almost very first time some one took in count tne meaning of ACCURACY. It's a bargain of protractor ( I think around 150.00 ) an unbeatable till today, it's dedicated protractor for the TT/tonearm/cartridge of the owner. We don't need nothing else.

But your tonearm is in a different league and my " hat off " for the manufacturer.

In the other side you are not hearing only the improvement of the tangential tracking in your tonearm but its overall construction and blend material building, bearing and many other things. Good.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Downunder - I remember, trying to tweak the Souther arm, we got the feeling, although it looked nice in theory, it was hard to achieve in practice, whatever we did, the cart scated around in the groove (and as you can imagine my rather over-controlled SME V cured that). Happy for you, if the new Thales design works well.
Oystein
I use a kuzma 4pt for my Atlas. Have had a range of carts in the Kuzma, Benz, airtight, vdh etc. The Atlas is the best sounding, excellent dynamics, tonality and tracking.

I did have a sme 20 with the the smeV arm, but this was previous to me obtaining the Lyra. Obivously I found the  Kuzma TT (and ref313 arm I had initially) preferable  to the sme,  the 313 also tracked better than the sme with the same cartridge.

I use a mini oscilloscope with the set up to adjust azimuth. 

Have tried various phono stages with the Lyra, eg. Dartzeel, Thoress - I use the Ypsilon with Lyra's Erodition MC step up. I found the Erodition suits the Lyra better than the Ypsilon MC20 step up.