Processor upgrade from Integra 9.8?

With arrival of new SOTA TV, will be going from 99% 2-channel to 85%. For 3-d capability, my question is whether to upgrade to Integra DHC-80.3/Onkyo PR-SC5508 or to go higher up the chain. Not sure what, if anything, I will be giving up by purchasing at the $2K price point vs $5K, other than, of course, an extra $3K of expense. Also have an Oppo BDP-95 on the way for Blue-Ray/3D. Will be incorporating front speakers, preamp and amps from 2-channel into the HT system.

Thanks for any help.
fplanner2010
Installed the Integra DHC-80.2 to replace my DTC-9.8. Money well spent. The sound is noticeably better (actually pretty amazing) as well as the room calibration/steering by the Audyssey 32 and other advanced DACs, etc.. Its close to a night and day difference - even greater than I had expected. Thanks all for your assistance.

I'm still using the video out of the Oppo, which is quite nice, although I'll probably experiment as time goes on with the 80.2 video. For now, couldn't ask for a better solution - had no idea this was such a no-brainer until doing the upgrade... :-)
BTW - plenty of bass from the 5 speakers, run as "full". Floor vibrates WITHOUT the SUB!! Easily able to supplement with low-bass from sub hooked up to 2-channel preamp as needed. Best of both worlds, w/o switches or brain damage.
How is the 2 channel from the 80.2 compared to your dedicated 2 channel setup (assuming you have tried it of course)?
Mfs, that's a question of interest to me as well. Kal seems to have dropped this thread or he is preoccupied. An 80.2/3 would simplify my setup. I supplement a Cary 11a with a DVDO Edge for video processing and a Velodyne SMS-1 for bass managing a pair of HGS-15 subs. An 80.2/3 could do all those functions IF it sounded as good as the Cary 11a, but that's a big if I'd like answered.

I wish there were a way to try an 80.2/3 in my setup before I buy aside from the hassle of the buy, try, then sell route that some Audiogon posters seem to use.

db
To be honest, I have no idea how the 2-channel from my 80.2 sounds. I also have no desire to try it, unless it would help you guys out, but then again it gets very subjective, so not sure it would do any good.

The obvious answer is that it would depend upon what you were comparing it to. My 2-channel set-up is pretty world-class, so the 80.2 was never going to do anything but movies, which is really excels at. The presence of 32-bit DACs in the 80.2 could give your Cary 11a a tough time. I think the new 12 has 32bit DACs, but not the 11. Yes, they do make an audible difference, at least to me.