Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Stop me now!!!

A pair of CS7's on here for $2190???  Even with shipping cost additional from Florida...?  Anyone here have any spare common sense for me???  Woe is me...

I really have to stop coming here...my wallet is fast becoming as thin as a leaf.

The analogy of putting a $5000 transmission into a 28 year old Volkswagen is accurately made,  especially when considering the current market value of the model.  From what I see on this interweb thing CS3.5's are selling for under $1,000,  well under that in fact - with most suffering from dimpled driver syndrome and/or esthetically challenged cabinetry.  Does one spend an amount of money almost equal to the cost of a used pair on a single driver?  My high regard for this model warrants that even though it may not be fiscally sensible.  Then again,  my fiscal sensibilities have not ever applied to stereo equipment.  It's a weakness.  Gawd,  I love stereo equipment!

My original pair of 3.5's cost me $800 and I spent the $400 for one midrange to be rebuilt by Thiel.  (Thanks, unsound,  for your previous direction regarding that.)  That included shipping and everything.  My expenditure was made with the mindset that they were worth keeping for the long haul even though I gifted them to my nephew not long after that.  Sometime later I purchased another pair of 3.5's here from a fellow member,  original owner,  for a true pittance.  Lucky me,  indeed.   Were a driver require a rebuild by Thiel,  I would definitely justify the cost now.

Anyway...seeing this listed pair of 3.7's has my fiscally irresponsible sensibilities in a veritable tizzy.

Ah,  never mind - the seller just replied it's a local pickup only.  Anyone in Florida?  Scarf 'em up!

Good to see you- oblgny

Agreed- any repair is only worth keeping the product for the long haul.
It is never a bad idea to have an extra speaker or pair on-hand regarding the older models.  Enjoy the Music.