Denon or Yamaha

Can someone help me along? I am in the market for an a/v receiver mainly for movies not so much for music. Yamaha or Denon up to $1100.
rsolivero
Didn't say they were better.

Cannot comment on the Denon or Yamaha. That is why I recommended something I have experience with. I owned the Pioneer Elite VSX-29tx, VSX-39tx and the VSX-59txi, also several Sony ES receivers. I compared them at the time with offerings from Yamaha, Denon, Marantz and Integra Research. Based upon my comparisons and research I chose Pioneer "Elite" as my favorite time and again for home theater and surround sound receiver duties in a 5.1 and 2.1 set up.

They consistently excelled at Video processing and Music playback. They look great as well and have stellar audio system set-up software and microphone. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/VSX-53

Although I am not currently In the market I would not hesitate to look at the current SC or VSX series of receivers from Pioneer 'Elite". Read the reviews and judge for yourself.