Pre Pro advice. NAD T 187 or??

I know that this topic has been covered somewhat, but I don't think I have read any discussion of the NAD T187. I have a home theater room that I use almost exclusively for movies. Have Vienna Acoustics Beethovens with a VA center channel and small rears with a SVS sub for a 5.1 surround system. Using an ATI 1505 amp and have been using an old EAD Signature pre/pro that was modified a few years back. The EAD sounds great but lacks compatibility with some of the newest HD sound formats. I called a local store to ask about their recommendations for replacing the EAD and they recommended the NAD T187 at $3,000. I have a dedicated two channel setup in another room for music. Thus, HT applications are primary in this system. Any thoughts on whether the NAD is a good choice? He talked about it being modularly upgradeable both in hardware or software. Any other comparably priced (or less!) pre pros that I should consider?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
luvwine
First you can't go wrong with a high end NAD product such as this. At this price level, you'll get a SUPERB unit. I too love the NAD sound. However, you may want to consider the Rotel RSP-1572 surround sound processor which I believe lists at $2,100.00 which is most likely a comparable unit. You would need to compare the featurs and functions side by side but they would be close I believe.
I'd just get a Denon 4311 or Anthem MRX 300 and use them as a pre/pro. You can use the amps for a second zone or for extra channels.
It's been awhile since I have followed NAD. I liked their sound - but - has NAD solved the popping / clicking sounds when changing inputs?