An all Parasound system - Good idea?

My brother- in- law visited last weekend and heard my 2 channel system for the first time.  Slightly ocd, he spent much time online and emailed me last night to say he was going to put his own system together and was planning to buy all of his components from Parasound, in part because he thinks a single brand will optimze performance and compatability, and because he is enamored by the John Curl connection. To that end, he plans to buy  a JC2 Preamp, A21 Amp and JC3+ phono amp.

I have told him focus on  speakers first, then source components. That notwithstanding, is the "All Parasound " a good idea to avoid the possibility of components not playing nice together or should he not focus on brand loyalty and shop for "best in class" components instead?

sjtm
sjtm,

I've owned their amps and the JC2 BP preamp. In my "system", to my "ears" the JC2 was one of the biggest disappointments that I've experienced. No absolutes and others my love it. My thoughts are the JC2 BP is 2 dimensional  , masks details, weak with front to back placement of instruments, and overall just a bad value to my ears. I sold it in less than two months.
Speakers first and foremost like you said. Unless budget is unlimited it is best to focus on speakers and what he likes best (got to get out there and listen). The finest source and amplification will not help if the speaker does not match the listeners desires. Speakers can vary a lot in style of presentation. I recently heard back to back the latest top of the line B&W 800 series (don’t remember which exact model) and they could not hold a candle to Wilson Sasha for me. So personal taste is important as both B&W and Wilson make good stuff. Sasha were more articulate and accurate to my ears in the all important mid range even though the B&W bass had a bit of an edge.
I don’t think Parasound makes turntables and speakers, so the idea isn't accomplish-able.
Thanks to a very fine seller, Mr. Ricred, I ended up with his JC2 pre amp.  I have owned two A21's and an A23 in addition to the JC2, so
I'm familiar with the Parasound sonic signature. I like it.  With all due respect, I think Mr. Ricred 'made his move too soon'.  After sufficient break in it's hard to find fault with this piece.  For comparison I submit my First Sound PD III vacuum tube pre amp with Emmanual Go's two most recent S upgrades.  While I prefer the FS, the JC2 is not far behind, imho.  I live with both and enjoy each immensely.  Both are dead quiet, musical, spacious, detailed, with deep and wide sound staging, and are just a joy to listen to.  The JC2 is more practical given it has a nice lightweight remote along with balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs, and is of course solid state. The FS is tubed, no XLR connections, and no remote.  It is however a true dual mono design with an outboard power supply.  Mr. Curl did not stub his toe with the JC2, it belongs with the other well respected Parasound products he designed, again imho.