Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
Kijanki I think it’s easy to obsess on one or two aspects of a product, good or bad, and forget there are many factors that go into it many of which are hard to quantify and further there is no mathematical formula for determining how something actually sounds.

The more I read about it ClassD technology sounded like a good idea to me. My favorite local dealer sold only class d and tube amps. He had never steered me wrong over many years. These days he admits to me that the class d hybrid integrated amps he sells sounds the best with the choice speaker lines he sells and I would agree.

There are more than a couple highly regarded participants here that have accepted the technology as well.

Whatever. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.
Right now I am listening to Neil Young Live at Massey Hall1971.   I am there!   Midfi has come a long way!   😌
Good for you, mate!  I should have mentioned that those NAD's are driving Paradigm S-8's.  Great sound, and they really tame the beryllium tweeters.

Someone had an earlier post re "large" studio speakers.  The monitors I was referring to are small PMC 20/20 Six near-field monitors of my home studio.  They were recommended to me by one of the famous Nashville mastering engineers, Glenn Meadows.  He uses big PMC's in his master suite and like most large monitors, they are not self-powered and are, as in the common practice, driven by Bryston power amps.  But most studio mixing is done on smaller near-field monitors.  Most studios have the big ones too, but they are more for show, than go.

I can sort of see why your dealer might sell only Class D and tube amps.  The former for clarity and control and the latter for sweet euphonics.  Nothing wrong with the latter.  That's why we use tube guitar amps and old tube mic pre-amps and emulations, or old recordings.  But the former is why we record and store in digital.  And i prefer not to add another layer of glaze to the playback.  But whatever you like, it's music.  Nobody gets hurt.

One correction is my dealer said he thought the class d integrated sounded best. Not that they were better necessarily. I chose the wrong words.

He sells mostly rogue and arc amplifiers and sonus Faber and Magnepan speakers these days.
I`m using a Herron tubed phono stage going into a Tortuga Audio LDR preamp coupled with a Class D Audio SDS 470 and it sounds pretty darn nice to me !

I am toying with the idea of adding a Rogue amp to the mix for a horizontal bi-amp deal, but I`m in no real hurry and I`ll take my sweet time till the right one comes along (used) because this just sounds so good as it is !