What are the best speakers for 80's hard rock?

Hello folks!
I want suggestions for best speakers and amp for 80's hard rock music. Many bad recordings, so many high end speakers (and amps) sounds very harsh and hard, with little bass. It's more important to me that my stereo can play bad recordings in a good way, than play good recordings in a fantastic way.

I want very laidback and soft treble, but I want a bass that goes deep and alo is very punchy.

I know many people say that I should here on vintage speakers. But I want new speakers. Any price range!

Thanks for suggestions!
rockpanther
Infinity primus 363...smooth treble, open midrange, warm propulsive bass. Klipsch would be an obvious choice if not for the horn. Still, worth an audition. They have hi boogie factor.
Rockpanther , I understand your frustration. I been looking for the exact sound you prefer. It is very hard to find.

Were the Vienna Acoustics you listened the new Symphony Edition? The SE versions are supposed to be more quicker and extended than the regular grand series. I have not heard them yet myself though. Plan on auditioning them soon , so I will give you feed back on them when I do.

Just make sure you listen first before you buy anything . Also , listen more than one time because a lot of speakers and associated equipment can sound great at first , but after a few listening sessions become fatiguing.
Cerwin vega D-9's. But no longer made. 

Any cerwin win vega with the 15 inch woofer. Made to rock, period!!

if treble is an issue, just cut a small square from an old tshirt and tape it to the inside of the speaker cover, if still not enough, double it up.  Where do you live? I have an extra pair of the D-9's, not perfect, but sound wicked!  

Check the the cerwin website, any large speaker they have will be perfect for metal.  I listen to 90% metal, testament, wargasm, napalm death, Bathory, Hirax, the good stuff, and most of it will sound good on a good system, but then you have the early Bathory albums, which played through a k-mart receiver, or a pair of carver cherry 180's won't make much difference :)

cerwin is is a great start, that would be my first foray if I were to do it again.  I owned at15, se180's?? Black felt front, acordian style woofers surrounds, and I own 3 pairs of D-9's. 

Go go with a basic straightwire style amp for metal, QSC is where I would go, with a good quality preamp. I wouldn't spend to much if just metal.  If you need any other help , message me, I  have a vast knowledge of metal, amps, speakers etc etc. 

just trying to help.  \,,/