Rega RP6 vs Pro Ject 1Xpession Carbon - is there $500 difference

OK looking for some help from someone who hopefully has first hand experience with both these tables....I am getting ready to buy a second table, my choices are the Rega RP6 vs Pro Ject 1Xpession Carbon , both come with speedbox and the Rega is $500 more , is it worth it?

I already know its a better table......I am a chronic researcher before I buy anything and I really cant find a head to head comparison......leave the cartridge out of the comparison, I have several of my own.

Both have a really good price on them right now from separate places so theres no asking the salesman, I have no store locally that has either table in to listen to, and I am afraid the sale is going to go off soon so I have to decide asap.

again , $500 difference?! maybe? No? Yes?.....I have smoke coming out of my ears reading about both, and others, and trying to decide!

The Rega is a little above what I was shooting to spend on a second table (my other is a modified Thorens TD 160 ) but I am willing to go that route if its worth the $500

any help would be greatly appreciated !

bairdz
Get the Rega have one and love it. If needed the  Acoustic Signature Spacer Set for Rega work fine. 

The anti-skating on most Rega tables is junk and not accurate.  Check out AG, there is lightly used Project  2Xperience classic which is better than 1Xpereince. It has a Sumiko BP-2 MC with low hours,  and the seller is offering a ton of record accessories with the table for $999, or best offer. The TT looks in mint condition. . 

Good Luck!

For my 2 cents worth, I've had the Rega P3, P5, RP6, and RP8, the latter 3 with TTPSU's. I've also had the Project Expression III, with the fishline antiskate.  Those  all have been sold and I currently have a Technics SL 1300 and restored [byV.N.] Thorens TD 150 and 160Super. These vintage TTs I vastly prefer to the Projects and Regas..The 2 Thorens have  Jelco 750D tonearms.By the way, Sunnyjim, I'm curious as to which TT you finally settled on, if you don't mind sharing this info.
I think so. I had 2 pro-ject tables, original xpression and xpeession III. MY current RP6 blows both away. See my system details what I use with it. It boogies and does blues and classical well.
all great comments, but is there $500 difference?
thats still what I am wondering......and thanks SUNNYJIM , I gave that table another look and asked the seller a couple questions but have yet to get an answer.....plus its a Xperience and I am looking at a Xpression, wondering whats higher on the food chain there??