Shopping for new speakers

I have a classe fifteen amp and a coda amp 10. I also have the Parasound 2000 line stage preamp and the Parasound 2000 top load cd player and matching DAC.  I have been looking at sonus faber venere 2.5 Is this a good match, or is there better out there for about 3000 range?
cwright590
I am using 2 different speakers . The first is a homemade set that i have worked on for 2 yrs  they are .75 cu ft sealed enclosures with scanspeak revelator tweeter and 7 inch revelator 4 ohm midbass  i have worked on crossovers for 2 yrs and cant coax the tweeter to open up. My other set is old energy c6 that are 20 yrs old. I am looking For a speaker with good imaging and to be able to place instruments and vocals as if i was listening to live peformance insted of listening to two boxes
I had the Venere 2.5s in my system on an extended audition , and although they are pretty good speakers I'd much more highly recommend Joseph Audio or ProAc given what you're looking for.  Both have outstanding imaging/soundstaging and disappear extremely well as a sound source, and both should help with WAF as well.  Best of luck in your search. 

I'm going to be listing a pair of Dynaudio C1 signatures, and I am in Nashville.

They are on the Dynaudio stands.  A little higher than your budget, but if you can stretch they would be perfect with your equipment and have a very high wife factor.  6152180294.

That's interesting on you diy speakers. you do have some fantastic drivers. maybe member eric squires will come on and help or some of the other speaker builders will. 
I think you could call Madisound  and give them your driver's and cabinet size and they could help with your crossover. 
+1  Some of the Revelators have odd stuff going on 10 kHz+ that would probably require some advanced modeling to deal with....  Kudos on the project, though.  I have been wanting to try my hand at a DIY but have to convince myself that it will be about the journey and not necessarily about ending up with a great set of speakers.  :)