Samsung buys Harman for $8B

Wow! Seems they were after Harman's auto business which is 65% of what Harman does. Will Samsung leave Harman's high end brands alone or does that spell ruination of Mark Levinson, Revel, JBL, Lexicon, et al? 

Is this the largest high end acquisition? 
128x128zavato
from what i've read, the home audio business is an afterthought--the real target is in  auto/connectivity--it sounds like the end goal is to integrate car systems with home security, appliances, etc. harmon is a bigger player in the car space than i thought--supposedly they have $24b in backorders, so maybe this will work out for samsung.
That home audio was an afterthought for Samsung is exactly what makes me wonder if Samsung will do anything to support it- or just let it die. 

Would be interesting if Samsung found a buyer for the home audio- imagine throwing that in with Naim/Focal, or the group that owns McIntosh, Audio Research, etc 
...and wouldn't it be nifty if they bothered to make cell phone audio actually something you could listen to and not cringe?

Nahhhh....*L*  Why change what the masses already tolerate....

and wouldn't it be nifty if they bothered to make cell phone audio actually something you could listen to and not cringe?

Wouldn't it be interesting if them made cell phones that did not explode...

Just sayin...