DENON AVP-A1HDCI vs. Anthem Statement D2?

I want to upgrade the home theater that I have. I need feedback/advice to help me choose between DENON AVR-5308CI vs. Anthem Statement D2 Audio/Video Processor. I am looking for high end system. Is there any other recommendations?

Khalid
qdashti
Well, the Denon 5308 is a receiver, the AVP1 is fully loaded pre/pro, with even more features including all the new audio codecs for Blu-ray and HD DVD and I am waiting on one now. I also am currently playing with the new Anthem D2 with the ARC room correction, and I can say if you haven't heard one with the room correction, forget anything you've heard before, the ARC is incredible!

I will try to post back once I've gotten the Denon and let you know. the Anthem is a great pre/pro, but alas it does not yet have an upgrade path for the new audio codecs.
Kennyt

I too am considering the Denon AVP-A1HDCI vs the Anthem D2. Do you have any notes on the comparison?

Thanks
I suspect it will do about what's expected from Denon - warmth, good dynamics and weight, slightly shy top end (better air and extension on others), and just descent with analog sources. The Audyssey and HD codecs, of course, will be a plus, and carry the sound quality a bit.
I guess: 94/100 for HD movies, 91/100 for older digital movies, and 83/100 for analog sources. That's my "Professional" educated guess! - lol.
Actually, would like to hear the thing, and read a review or two myself.
As for anthem, pretty nice digital av pre/pro's from what I've heard. Although I've heard better dynamics from other AV pre's and better refinement (of course) from better two channel pre's for analog sourcing - as predictable. Still, nice stuff. (minus the Audyssey)
How about the Sim Audio pre? They've made some great sounding gear, and it has Audyssey! Anyone hear this?