Best sounding turntable and cartridge for $1100

I have seen a lot of turntable and cartridges packages in  $1000- $1100, such as the Project RPM3 with the Sumiko BP-2 MC.   Project Xperience 1 with a Sumiko Pearl MM;  Rega Planar 3 with a Elys II cartridge. 

I have formerly owned a Rega 3-24 with Elys II  and a Project Carbon DC with Ortofon 2M Red (which I did not like at all) . Would like to try something different, but can live with the above brands depending on their overall performance 

Need recommendations for turntable/cartridge new or used combo that punches far above its price of  $1100.  Thank you

sunnyjim
To Helomech, Thank you for the recommendation. I did consider the Marantz 15S1 TT . I believe the refurbished model was $995.00  on "Black Friday"   

However, the Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge retails for $900. I can only guess what the replacement stylus on retipping  would cost.... between $400-$500.  

I am not sure what the marketing strategy was putting such an expensive spike on this table. The Clearaudio Performer V2 MM at  $400 dollars, or even the Artist V2 MM at $600 would or should  kick the price down on a new 15S1.    For example,$1200 with the Artist MM, and 1000.00 with the Performer MM: and  a "refurbished" 15S1 TT with the latter cartridge might have sold for say $800-850

But who knows what marketing strategies and juggling cartridges were the focus of these manufacturers.  Maybe, Marantz got a price break on the Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 MM  to make the table more appealing to customers. Just some hardcore arithmetic based on retail pricing might  reveal their thoughts. That is,..........

$1500 (TT) minus $900 === $600 as the basic retail value of the TT.  

I realize this is probably not how the actual selling price is arrived at, because of the other parameters in bi-marketing a product by two separate manufacturers, but it might come close
It is a shame that Marantz did not offer the table without cartridge, so the buyers could chose how much they want to spend for a spike  

Thanks to all,  SJ

The Music Hall Roundtable originally came as a 3 part system,. but the components could be sold separately Hi Fi Choice gave it a pretty good review, and there are many other good reviews on the internet. Music Direct even has a demo for $199, and there is free shipping. Although probably a step down from your previous turntables, if you are only playing 20% LPs, this may be a good idea. I read where the Denon 110 has even been used on this table with good results.
I'm coming in here a little late.  I might suggest a used VPI HW-19 Mk III.  A real Mk III with a steel chassis, not one of those upgraded Jr.'s sitting on MDF.   Many of the used ones have very nice arms, Premier FT-3 and -4, a few Jelco SA 750D, maybe a modded AQ. 

I agree with dodgealum on the OC9.  I'm using an OC9/II.  Properly set up, the stylus will last a long time.  A LONG TIME.  And that would be my choice of the phono stage can handle a low output mc cart.  Otherwise, the Denon DL-110 might be a strong second choice.  I have not heard one myself, but people I trust have said it's a good high output mc cart.

To boofer,  You make good points. But, I just don't want to invest in  this table, and later find out, I made an underwhelming choice, and so must start over.. As I said before, it looks solid; and also uses magnetic anti-skating which is a minor feature, but  I prefer over  "the hook- line and sinker" anti-skating  

I saw the  short paragraph in the HI-FI Choice review. However, if you have the links to some of the other reviews that would be helpful I could not find any others.

If I did go for it, I would probably and almost  immediately mount the high output Denon DL-110 MC 

To, bpoletti. Thanks for the recommendation; I have recently seen a few VPI HW 19Jr., but  almost none of the MK III. Also  with the Denon spike it may go over my prescribed budget. 

Do you think, the VPI MKIII with the Denon might be superior in sound quality than say Music Hall 5.3 with Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge, or even the Project 1Xpression. The 2Xpression looks very nice and received several good reviews, but I have not seen a used one on AG, or E-bay.   Audio Advisor offer it for $1599 with a Sumiko BP-2 MC.   But, they offer a crapping 10 percent discount, and won't budge on price 

I often wonder if many internet sellers think they can sell at retail because of holiday day buying frenzy.  Thanks SJ