Best affordable SACD player that does superb CD's

Of hand, does anyone know what CD players (or DVD for that matter) that are superb with standard CD playback, as well as SACD?!
Looking for great sound on a budget, type players
flrnlamb
The Sony DVP-NS9100ES plays averything but DVD-A, has a great picture and great sound on CD and SACD. It was well reviewed by TAS among others. I bought one used for around 425 USD. And it's a great looking piece.
I'd highly recommend NAD M-55 universal player. A little more costly than well received Denon 3910, but it's much better sounding. (I own both) It sounds very detailed, with greater frequency extension, and lots of air.
I agree with the marantz sa8001. I personally have the nad M5 which does both formats well it is good looking to boot. There a few factory re-furb units floating around for around a grand.
Bmdduck,

I have both a 9100ES and its predecessor, a 9000ES freshly serviced by Sony Laredo. My impression is that the 9000 is superior for audio, especially SACDs, but the 9100 is superior for video. I run either with video off for stereo, and use the DACs in my Proceed PDSD when playing CDs. In my main system, I've settled on the 9000 for CDs and SACDs, and a PlayStation 3-80 for DVDs.

I think either a used 9000 or 9100 would be a good value for OP.

db