TAD Reference loudspeakers-How good are they?

Just wondering if the TAD Ref 1 and/or TAD Compact Ref 1 are as good as some of the show reviews suggest, although a recent review did mention a slightly "dark" presentation, albeit state of the art sound.

Does anyone know if the implementation of concentric tweeter/mid is superior to that of KEF/Thiel, or perhaps the Berylium constructed drivers and/or crossover sophistication.

I'm thinking about the TAD Compact Ref One as my "final" loudspeaker, as I have a small listening room at 14 x 16; Quite expensive at MSRP of $37K. I would appreciate any and all opinions and experience with the TAD Reference loudspeakers.

Thanks so much!
opinions
audiobrian
I am fortunate to own the TAD Ref 1 for a little over 4 years now.  During this time I have many friends that have brought their preamps, dacs and amps over to evaluate the sound and the TADs have sounded well with all the equipment.  Most equipment that was used would be considered Hi-End.  The only issue is the base control with some tube amps.  I have CAT JL3 Signature Mk2 monos which cannot control the 2 12" woofers well enough.  I also have Pass Labs XA 160.8 monos that do a fantastic job with woofer control.  The 'beryllium concentric driver has a richer sound that delivers a predictable sound that IMHO is fantastic.  I evaluated many high end speakers before I decided on the TAD because they produced a richer sound.

Bugman03: Thank you very much for all of your feedback! It parallels much that I've received privately and have read here and elsewhere. Have a great day!
Thank you all for the feedback both on the thread and to those who responded privately.  The choice has been made recently and it looks like I will get to experience these speakers for a long time to come...