What transport should I get?

OK, so I have a very nice setup using a Simaudio 380D (DAC/Streamer) to listen to ripped music (NAIM Unitiserve backed up to NAS) with Supernait 2 or PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre/Bel Canto Ref600m Monos) to PMC 20.26 is the rest of the system. So I should be set right?

Thing is, I am a classical collector and have tons of CDs that I have yet to rip and I keep buying more (so many cheap deals on albums I cannot find on Tidal!). I could obviously just rip everything I buy BUT it’s a pain in the neck and I don’t like the insecurity of losing all my music to a glitch or something (yes it’s backed up Raid 2 or whatever but still). And my collection keeps growing - I have over 200 in the mail right now. I know. It’s a problem :) Basically - do I want to rip 6 versions of the 32 Beethoven Sonatas - that’s like 60 discs right there! It gets tedious! Also I’m not Roon-whatever yet and classical comes with lots of cool liners and pamphlets and whatnot that I love to read while listening - which I am missing out on now.

So I’m thinking I would get a transport to feed the 380D and just listen to my CDs straight up. Maybe rip a few that I know for sure I want to listen to a lot.

Anyway - I’m going to get a transport. What should I get?

I’ve considered:

1) Marantz 8005 (adds SACD capability and looks solid and built to last but more than I need since already have great DAC/streamer etc)
2) Sony 5400ES or equiv (though I’m not loving the lack of aftermarket support)
3) Moon 260D (to match my DAC, would look cool, built like a tank and I love Sim but it’s 2k)
4) Bel Canto CD3t (looks cool, matches my monos, half size)
5)  Cambridge CXC transport (only $500 new)
6) Something else?

I do have an old Cambridge Audio 540 something CD player I have used in pinch - but it’s 8 years old I suspect technology and clocks and whatnot have improved to the point that using that to feed my quite excellent DAC/streamer would be dumb.

Thoughts?

Thanks

P

geekboy
The Cambridge CXC is a really nice redbook player, I just purchased one new for $400.00 to use in a headphone system and love it.

RAID 2 is stripping - not very secure and not the backup at all. You need separate HD for plain backup. I use two - second at my work in the case of fire theft etc. I feel that it is more secure than CDs (that can be stolen, lost in fire etc.)

I don’t understand why you have to rip all CDs at once. Just rip what you’re listening to. You won’t have to wait since ripping is faster than playback - very little additional time and effort.

Your Simaudio DAC has asynchronous USB. Why can’t you use computer plus USB for playback?

Your Cambridge CD player should be fine as a transport. Get a decent digital cable and you're set. If it's not excellent, try the synchro-mesh or the CXC.
Thanks all for your response!

I'm not sold on the synchro-mesh - one of the reviews (Darko) noted that he didn't notice any difference with a higher end DAC (Directstream) and since I have a great DAC I'm skeptical.  It already reclocks with very low jitter as is.

I may just use my CD player I have for now.  

Question:  I have a Nordost Blue Heaven digital cable.  Good enough?  Other suggestions?