List of albums that will still be popular 50 years from now...

We all know that classical music will still be on demand 50 years from now, but what about pop music that will still be on demand?
I'd like to list few titles and the rest leave to the contributors!

1. Henry Mancini "Pink Panther" as the best score he's ever wrote
2. Sesame Street "Born To Add"
3. Believe it or not, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will still be there and hot!
4. Miles Davis "Kind of Blue
5. Dave Brubeck "Time Out"
czarivey
@ptss 
50's,60's rock may not be popular 50 years from now simply because listeners don't have much life left. Only certain titles/artists will still remain. Note that classical music is also selective in terms of what now musicians perform.
If we use art as an example, rather than the early days of recorded music, I think we can safely assume that many of today's popular artists will be forgotten, and some artists who die in relative obscurity will be resurrected and popularized. 

This might happen in many ways, including the use of their music in films and the recycling of their music by future contemporary artists as homages, leading to the re-exploration of the original. 

I would also assume that this will happen genre by genre, since it's not likely that we will ever return to formats where music can be popular across wide spectrums of society. 

So the questions we should be asking are 1)which pieces will remain or become popular within a genre and 2) what genres will exist 50 years from now?
Interesting, dragunski. I've recently listened to a few Swing and Big Band pieces from the '40s and '50s. I think future generations who compare that music to Rock & Roll may think that the former is much more avant guard and extreme.
Post removed