Best Cheap Amps for Magneplanar Speakers

I want to drive some medium sized to large Maggies (1.7 or 3.7) with the cheapest possible amps that will still let them sound great.

I prefer monoblocks and by 'cheap' I mean a kilobuck or so, tho less would be fine too.  I do NOT want to spend 4 thou...
randy-11
When I had the 2Bs, a similar budget design,  I used a Hafler DH200. It was a little dry and clinical, maybe, but it seemed to suit their character. I also tried the Dynaco ST70 which didn't have enough bass, but the mids, especially strings were decent.

Positioning is everything with these types of speakers. They need to be loaded off the sidewalls, very close, and have a good 6 to 8 feet behind them. Even an inch or two this way or that can make a huge difference. 
if you want clean SS power  Class A 60w auto switchable to ClassA/B 600w   try the Emotiva monoblocks   XPA 1 gen 2   about a grand a piece  will power Maggies beautifully with excellent soundstage and detail.  You can audition them at home with a full return policy.   If Tubes are your choice try the Cary 120MkII (stereo not mono block)  which I just saw on sale from Cary at $2800
Problems I've read with the XPA -1 make it risky.  Owners complain of the heat sinks ticking as they heat up and cool down.  How Emotiva could engineer an amp and miss this is beyond me, but there you are.
i have three of them no ticking or problems for 9 months now I  use them constantly.  That may have been a gen1 problem but actual experience with gen2 has been fault free
No, it wasn't a gen 1 problem only.  Thinking that since you haven't experienced it means it doesn't exist is neither here nor there.  I've read where owners tried to fix the ticking by dismantling the amp and installing rubber washers on the heat sinks.  

When you try to bring an amp to market at bottom dollar, compromises have to be made.