Vandersteen

After hearing many good things about Vandersteen speakers I purchased a pair of 3a signatures. They sound beautiful with chamber music or small group jazz but quickly fall to pieces with symphonic works or rock. Have other people noted this deficiency with Vandersteens? 
bewoods1962
I've been hearing several people say as of late that the Vandersteens are overpriced, which I don't agree with as of now, but this is the first time that someone has actually suggested an alternative.  I'll have to go listen to Tyler Acoustics.
+1 regarding the Vandersteen 1Ci.  I'm trying to really reconcile why I'd need anything more.  I've been considering them for a few years now.  Been buying more expensive monitors that I really question whether they are any better than the Vandy 1s.  With the Belles integrated or some Quicksilver tubes I'd probably be set for good.

..just finished listening to Carman (Bernstein, Horn) on my Vandersteen 5A’s/all Ayre electronics with VPI Superscout/rimdrive/classic platter/3D arm/Ortofon Winfield cart......Its like you were right there. (The orchestra was clearly mic’d better than the singers, (soloists all had their own)....but quite wonderful. There is no kind of music that requires good equipment than does big scale opera.
I can understand the OP point-of-view.  Vandys are not bad, at all.
Careful gear and cabling matching are paramount. As much as I enjoyed the "2" series, I went w/ Thiel. Specifically, the CS 2.4SE loudspeakers.
These do not falter on any musical genre. Happy Listening!
Jafant
As you should at 4 x the price of ordinary 2's
And as you are very well aware, Jim T ( RIP ) is a designer prehaps the designer most aligned with Richard on basic design parameters and philosophy...