Legacy Aeris and amplification.

What is the best amplifier for the Legacy Aeris?
tmcdade

Zephyr24069,

Really sad to hear that you had to sell your speakers due to WAF. All joking aside, I think that there are way to many inconsiderate wives and husbands out there who don't respect the interests of their spouses.

I clearly recall how excited you were when you first got those speakers. In the end, I think that a satisfied partner is more important than the appearance of your living room within reason.  

Hello - the Wavelet is connected but I can't seem to connect to bohmer for the control app. Wondering if you had the same problem and what the solution was?

Please check out the manual and follow the instructions to use a browser to get to the URL that allows you to generate a proper wifi-conf.txt file with your WiFi network parameters on it and then write it from a Windows machine to the USB memory stick they provide.  Make sure the Wavelet is fully powered down, put the USB stick in the back USB port and boot up the Wavelet and allow it a few minutes to read what's on the USB stick, configure itself to be on your network and then shut the Wavelet down complete. After that, put the WiPi wireless network USB-based adapter in the back of the Wavelet, boot it up and allow it a minute or so to connect to your wireless network. After that you'll need the serial number off the back of the Wavelet to create a URL to put in your browser with your S/N at the end of the URL. This URL then connects to the Boehmer control app, supplies your S/N to uniquely identify your unit.

This is all explained in the detail in the AERIS section of the PDF version of the manual available for download from Legacy.  

Let me know if this helps...once I got the Wavelet onto my WiFi network, I had no issue.
@zephyr24069 and @tmcdade which pre-amp where you using with Aeris.

Which McIntosh do either of you recommend?. I am consider class D options like ATI AT543NC, Nord. Class A/B like Coda, ATI, Adcom etc. How do Class D perform w.r.t to Class A/B with Aeris?.

I just don't like McIntosh since they don't double the wattage when using 4 Ohm output compared to 8 Ohm. 

Any suggestion and help is appreciated.