Grateful Dead May 77 Box Set Announced

Just a half hour ago dead.net announced they are releasing the new Betty Board Box Set from 1977 :-)

May 5 New Haven, CT

May 7 Boston, MA

May 8 Ithaca, NY

May 9 Buffalo, NY

... and will be transferred by Jeffery Norman using Plangent Processing (WOW that's great news)

Get Shown the Light, limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, is available to pre-order exclusively from the Dead site. The Cornell set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC formats beginning May 5th. The Barton Hall concert will also be available in three-CD, limited-edition five-LP, digital download and streaming formats.

The full Light set will come in an elaborate box constructed by Masaki Koike, featuring a book by Peter Conners, Cornell '77: The Music, the Myth and the Legend of the Grateful Dead's Concert at Barton Hall, and an essay by Dead scholar Nicholas G. Meriwether. (Conners' book will also be available for purchase separately.)

128x128otherone

So with this new May Box Set here, the entire Spring 1977 Tour (except for 2 shows) have been officially released. How awesome!

I would bet that they will be filled eventually now that Betty's stuff is returned.

@ the 11:00 mark of Dave's seaside chat over at dead.net he acknowledges that SEVERAL HUNDRED, yes, that's right... Several hundred reels were returned that make over a 100+ shows to be releases over time.

Fun time to be a head!

@jayrossi13: Plangent Process is all you need to know here (as good as it gets).  Not sure if the Digital 24bit resolution will be available.  But this will shine even at 16bit

I'm tempted, but don't have anything special for a CD player. I'm running a Playstation 1, which is quite good, but not the most practical. May I divert this thread, and ask what everyone is using to enjoy their Dead on CD. I have a 5-6 titles I enjoy, but 90% of my music is on vinyl. It's interesting that they are using the HDCD process, which most manufacturers no longer support..... I want to delve further in to their live stuff, which so much of,  is only available on CD. I should mention, I was thinking about a Schiit Bifrost, and a fairly well made transport. Thanks in advance. Cheers -Don

Wish I could help you @fin04.

CD’s are pretty much out of my life now that small compact plug-n-play hard drives, thumb drives, music players are available and adapters for home stereo and car, etc... all are supported widely now-a-days. I transferred all my regular CD’s and DEAD CD’s to digital a long time ago (quite a project)

I take my CD’s and convert to FLAC, WAV, mP3, etc... pretty easy, plays seamless and no big bulky CD’s or cases. IMHO only :-)

My LIVE dead is 14 terabytes of FLACS & video... with many backups!!!