High fidelity REVEAL interconnects

For $699 HF costumer service, said it can compete with the Odin, apparently this cable is available for shipping a week before Christmas?      Agoners any opinion?
128x128jayctoy
@jayctoy I installed the power cords two days ago. Because they were part of a bundle of Reveal cables I received and installed at once I’m not sure how I might even address this. There are simply too many variables, including initially putting them straight to the wall, only to retreat back to where they can be run through my Shunyata power conditioners. That’s where they are now. I bought a pair for my power amps. That’s germane to what I’m about to inform you.

A couple of quick observations: If you plan to stack them direct one atop the other at the wall duplex you would need to either a) pull back the thin insulation/protection bands at the connector or b) plug them in to separate wall duplexes. The bands make them just slightly too large to stack one atop the other. However, if you just roll back the bands on one of the connectors then the remaining bands on the second cable’s connector will fall in to the grooves of the other and you’re good to go. Make sense? Look at the pictures and you’ll note the bands I’m discussing. They make the connectors just a hair too fat to stack in a duplex.

On the other hand, if you are plugging them in to a power conditioner, as I am now doing, you should be good to go if you have enough outlets that they don’t have to be positioned directly next to one another.

The cables themselves seem to me to be identical in construction to their more expensive offerings, the difference being at the connectors and the egg-shaped magnets that sit midstream. I won’t speak for them that the cable itself is the same but it visually appears to be the same to me. They are pretty heavy and are more flexible than many of the gargantuan in girth cables out there, such as the Shunyatas I am replacing them with. I like how they look. If you have any HFC items already, I would say each cable from Reveal on up is just as flexible as the next and, again, I think the cable itself is identical.

Please wait for me to return with something more substantive to offer as far as the sound. While they were apparently cooked at the factory before they shipped, I’m guessing they still need some quality time before they should be evaluated.

I had got things up and rocking recently and the ports on my loudspeakers partially closed up. (They are Tannoy Canterbury SEs which rely on natural friction to keep the sliding ports open -- not ideal in my dry climate and at serious rocking volumes.) So my initial thoughts were that they were bass shy but that might not prove to be the case. I’ve opened the ports back up and they are sounding much fuller.

Off the bat, I would say the articulation and micro-dynamics are excellent. Percussive instruments like bells, chimes and shakers are coming in with great definition. But, as I say, the tonality had shifted in my room and now I need to spend more time with them. That, plus the fact that I installed some Reveal interconnects at the same time make a proper review difficult. I plan to come back with more but I wanted to cover some housekeeping and let you know I’m still on this thread. I’d look forward to others’ impressions as they come in.
@mrbritt,
Thanks for your response and the information that you have been able to pass on up to this point.
I have no experience with the HFC Reveal line however, I owned and use the HFC CT-1U and UR power cords, interconnects and speaker cables for several years now.
As you know you can run your power cords directly into the AC outlets in the wall or through your Shunyata power conditioners. I want to caution you regarding break in time. I'm guessing that all of the Reveal product line is still going to need at least a couple hundred hours to break in. 
(As I said in another thread): I’ve learned that there are lingering effects that are present for several days when using HFC's and that might (usually does) add to the sonic signature of other power cords including interconnects that’s being substituted for the HF power cords and interconnects, etc. Also be aware that comparing HFC products to other products is very difficult and frustrating because of the lingering effects of magnetic conduction, and the slow restart up of magnetic conduction.

Do the Reveal sound good right away or do they require substantial break in? I just tried the XLR verison after being plugged in overnight from my source. So far I'm not too impressed compared to the Cerious, kinda dull with limited bass and treble.

If I am trialing only one set where should it be tried, at the source (Dac), preamp or at the Amp?

ozzy