Receiver Upgrade - Denon vs. Rotel

I currently have a set of Paradigm Reference Speakers. Studio 60's v.2 (front), Studio CC (center) and Studio 20's v.2 (rear).

I have used a Sony receiver 444ES for a couple of years, and now would like to upgrade to something a little better.

First I had in mind the Denon AVR-3806. Then I spoke with a friend which told me to look into Rotel's RSX-1056.

To be honest, I also looked into spending a little more and go with the following setup: Rotel's RSP-1068 + RMB-1077.

The bottom line is that I am confused. Is the Rotel much better then the Denon's? And, is it much better to go with separate proc./amp.? Any input would be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. Sincerely,

Gustavo S.
gugasilveira
Separtaes = best

Rotel rec = better

Denon rec = good

Your Paradigms are pretty efficent so you don't need a lot of power but, having owned the 40's in the past I know the more current you give them the better they sound. The 3806 probably has more bells and whistles than the 1056 but won't sond as good. You have to decide what is important to you. Features or sound quality. As you probably know wattage ratings don't mean a whole lot. If it were me I would go with the 1067 (less expensive than the 1068) pre/processor and a 1077.
The 333 and 444 from Sony were very good units for what it's worth. Your 444 is probably better than the Denon (better amplifier). If I recall the 444 had pre outs. You could audition several different power amps at home and find the best fit for you. This would be the least expensive route to full blown separates.

Godd luck!