Receiver Upgrade - Denon vs. Rotel

I currently have a set of Paradigm Reference Speakers. Studio 60's v.2 (front), Studio CC (center) and Studio 20's v.2 (rear).

I have used a Sony receiver 444ES for a couple of years, and now would like to upgrade to something a little better.

First I had in mind the Denon AVR-3806. Then I spoke with a friend which told me to look into Rotel's RSX-1056.

To be honest, I also looked into spending a little more and go with the following setup: Rotel's RSP-1068 + RMB-1077.

The bottom line is that I am confused. Is the Rotel much better then the Denon's? And, is it much better to go with separate proc./amp.? Any input would be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. Sincerely,

Gustavo S.
gugasilveira
"Your Paradigms are pretty efficent so you don't need a lot of power but, having owned the 40's in the past I know the more current you give them the better they sound" (Eldorado)

Wait...so you're advocating not needing a powerful reciever, unless you want "better sound?"
...Well who needs better sound anyway!?!!!

"Separtaes = best

Rotel rec = better

Denon rec = good" (Eldorado)

"I second Eldorado's suggestion" (Miner42)

"If the blind lead the blind, they both go into the ditch!"
(King James Bible).
Er in this case, if the blind lead the blind, they both end up with mediocre audio systems at best...lol

I say:

Separates = REALLY GOOD
Rotel receiver = fair
Denon receiver = equally as fair
Save yourself some money and get the Rotel RSX-1056 and a separate amp like the Rotel 1075 which would allow you to reassign the two front speakers to 7.1 duty or Zone 2. There is little to no difference between the RSP-1068 and the RSX-1056 as a pre pro. They have the exact same processor, DSP, DAC and software. The RSX-1056 may introduce a touch more noise floor since it houses an amp section but I couldn't hear the difference when I auditioned the two side by side at home (when hooked up to external amps). And hey, with the RSX-1056 you get a tuner as well. While the RSX-1056 is cheaper here than the RSP-1068, the opposite is true in Europe & the UK where the 1056 costs approx. $500 more.
Flrnlamb

I said the Paradigms like lots of current not wattage. There is a difference if you didn't know.