Dipole surround speaker to match KEF 104.2?

I have KEF 104.2 speakers for front L/R and a KEF Model 100 center channel speaker. Any suggestions for dipole surrounds up to $500 per pair new/used? Also, in a 7.1 system, should the "Surround Back" speakers be identical to the "Surround" speakers? Or can I use my old Paradigm Titans in "Back" with some new dipoles in the "Surround" position? Thank you.
javachip
Don't worry Don, I'm not replacing the 104.2s any time soon. I am simply updating the rest of my system from a vintage 1995 Pro-Logic I setup to a 7.1 setup. I have been content with the Model 100 Center, but based on your comments I will keep an eye out for a Model 200.

Based on your other comment, I will consider replacing the Paradigm Titans in the rear with a pair of KEF 102.2's, although this will not be an immediate priority.

KEF currently offer their "Reference" dipole surround speaker for $3900/pair!! They also offer the "Q-series" dipole surround speaker for around $500/pair, which may not be timbre-matched to the 104.2, but I will probably try them anyway.

I was interested by your suggestion that the 104.2s will sound better with a sub. I have always been impressed with their deep, tight, effortless bass with the KUBE equalizer. I was planning to set the front speakers to "Large" on my new surround processor-preamp, to keep the bass going to the 104.2s in addition to the sub (VMPS New Larger), but now I will try it as you suggest and see how it sounds.
Java,

I acquired a KUBE as a freebee with a the second pair of 102/2s I bought from a local audio expert -- they had been his personal speakers, but his shop now sells mostly Wilson and B & W speakers. I've never used the KUBE.

I agree that even without the KUBE the 104/2s have excelent bass response, but of course can't match a Velodyne HGS-15 when it comes to that low level vibration you "feel" when a low pedal note is opened on a pipe organ. I've heard the famous Bach Toccata & Fugue in D Minor performed at Stanford's Memorial Church and at our local Episcopalian church (a small church with a great pipe organ as befitted the wealth of turn of the 19th century Montecito). The 104/2s and HGS-15 do a remarkable job of recreating that sound.

By the way, the 102/2s are old speakers. I believe I bought my first pair in the late 80's or early 90's, but not sure.

db
Kef 104/2 are great speakers...

I still own those, and tried to make it 5.1 myself...
however I gave up on it, and I got another matching 5.1 set.

I think Kef 102 or 103/3 will make a good surround speakers for 104/2
also about the bass...

I like the tight and fast bass response of 104/2s, but you should try adding a sub to do the work where the 104/2 can't quiet handle.

I used it briefly with Rel sub(high level hook up) and I liked it very much.

I guess it depends on the type of music you listen... having said that, I like bass, tight fast and deep bass.

I have nothing substantive to add other than to say that I'm another longtime 104.2 owner. Curious to know what you all are using to power the Kefs? I was using a Rotel RSX-1055 receiver. I've had good experience with Rotel amps powering the Kef's 4ohm load. Recently upgraded to the Arcam AVR300 with the idea of bi-amping using the 6/7 channels, but haven't gotten around to trying it out until we move into our new home. I'm hoping to get a little more "sparkle" in the top end and improve imaging/soundstaging.