Best value record cleaner/cleaning system

Thought I would ask the group -- when I was last in the analog game some 12-15 years ago it was a VPI or Nitty Gritty for record cleaning (that and the wood-handled Discwasher pad with red-bottle liquid, Zerostat and Decca CF brush for just before playing an LP)... are these still the go-to standard units, or has the state of the art / ’value’ options advanced to some other kits in the present? I see cleaner units now from Pro-ject, Music Hall, Spin Clean, etc etc.

In my case I am not trying to ’deep clean’ mistreated, flea market or recycled recors store records... just good hygiene maintenance-cleaning of a treasured collection - 80% regular records, 20% ’audiophile’ pressings.

Thanks in advance.
128x128jjss49
slaw,

Thank you for the tip. I found a half dozen steamers on Amazon. Guess I'll pick one and have at it. Not expensive. Might add to the labor but I will take your judgement on this! 

Thanks
Norb
nkonor,

If you can find the dbtech with the larger tank, go for it. That one is a no-brainer.

Are you familiar with the Gem Dandy cleaning system? I've often thought about making my own (simple pvc stand w/ basic tools) but taller to set in my sink. After spreading the fluid on a lp, attach it to this and voila'! I will do it at some point.

ebm,

Yes, I've even used mine to clean out the mold that accumulates inside of an  in-door ice maker. Lots of uses.
...the dbtech has much better ergonomics (compared to my Mapleshade) which makes for better contol. It has a very good steam pattern as well. These two things make a difference!
a friend of mine bought a HAAN after watching me using my Mapleshade years ago. I went to his house one day just to test it out. I was disappointed in that unit. Much lower steam pressure, lesser steam pattern..