Does Blockbuster Edit Their Movies?

I have heard reports that Blockbuster edits [censors] some of their movies. Some really "spicy" R-rated movies supposedly have some scenes cut to tone them down. Also, I was told that in their version of the movie, TITANIC, the scene in which Leonardo DiCaprio sketches Kate Winslet has the nudity cut out, and this movie just has a PG-13 rating. Obviously, any alteration in a movie's rental release would have to be approved by the film's distributor.

So, fact, or urban myth? I am just starting to rent movies again, and I need to know for sure. And please, let's not get into a Blockbuster bashing!
fatparrot
All record company's released edited versions of every type of music, song, broadway shows, operas, movie soundtrack, etc, etc.

So if you really believe you should boycott Blockbuster, then to be consistant you should also boycott all music released by all record labels.

I guess this hobby is over for you then.....LOL!
Newmanoc,

To clarify, where do they mark it? I rent a movie there and it is missing content that the director wanted in the movie and the box is not marked to show such changes. That is what I have a problem with, the hidden censorship. Sure if they want to make their movies acceptable for young children etc. that is good but have the box marked or in a special section.
As I understand it, directors usually have no control over what the ultimate commercial cut of their movies look like (hence, the Director's Cut releases). These final cuts are done by the people who pony up the dough to get the movie made in the first place (the studios).

As to saying that any changes made to the release should be clearly labeled, I agree. We have no argument.
I was in Blockbuster tonight and noticed several movies marked " Edited for content" on the outside of the box on the front.
FWIW I was in Blockbuster last night and could not find any comments about editing on any of the 'racy' movies I looked at. I imagine it changes depending what area the store is in...