If NOS pre or power tubes became unavailable altogether, what new tubes would you buy?

Hey tuberollers, 

I'm curious to see what happens if there's a gun to your head, or more practically all NOS tubes disappear (dread).  What would you do with your line/pre stage and/or power stage?  

I have tried 5 different NOS 12AU7s and only 1 new 12AU7 in my preamp section (Cifte, RCA black plates (late 50s), Sylvanias, Baldwin organ tubes, Amperex 70s orange globes, and new Chinese stock Primaluna tubes).  In my power section, I have not tried any NOS tubes and 3 types of tubes (stock Chinese Primaluna EL34s, reissue Mullard EL34s, and reissue Gold Lion KT88s).  

Side note: I haven't ventured into NOS power tubes because of the cost and availability/scarcity.  I need 8 of them!

Without having tried anything else, I would be lost on new or reissue 12AU7s.  On the power tube side, I'd be just fine with either the reissue Mullard EL34s or the Gold Lion KT88s.  
128x128jbhiller
" sheduled programming ", means Jurassic Park? where not only does not exist  cell phones or even the Ford model T but  no civilization at all: as I posted: anachronistic.

Even in front of so many facts exist one of you that still is thinking that does not exist the corrupted AHEE that puts you to live in the JP jail that is an open jail where we don't need a key to leave it?

R.
Raul, you're making too much of your opinion in this thread. You may not know Bo but check out his threads, you two remind me much of each other which is to say taking a bulldozer approach in offering your prejudices regarding the reproduction of music playback to the absolute disrepect of other contributors, is this some kind of Alpha dog thing or do you just fail to understand the question of the thread?.  Now if this thread was about the differences and virtues  between SS and tube amplification or source components then fair game. You are persistent in your obtuse arrogance in not understanding this point that has been brought to your attention too many times, what's the problem man?

To me at least it is nothing more than connecting to the joys of music, playback. Live, well Raul, it's live and I don't need the playback to do that, it can't and never will and the search for that ideal is totally unrelated to enjoying the emotional and intellectual content in music. That's just my opinion.

Raul I have to agree with Tubegroover on this one . Like I said in another post " some people like pleasant distortion " In the US we

have a ice cream  store called Baskin Robbins and they have 31 flavors . The best thing about this hobby is you can tailor your sound to your liking by choosing the components of your taste and flavor . You many not agree with other peoples choices but that is ok. You should start another thread just like the other great ones you have started about your journey from tube to SS and have it  discussed there . You know I agree with you on many topics what is not proper is the way you are going about it . RC

Dear @tubegroover :  "  offering your prejudices regarding the reproduction of music playback to the absolute disrepect of other contributors,.... "

I have not a single prejudices against tubes and this fact and main subject is what you and many other gentlemans just can't understand. You are not looking the whole subject scenario and the source of that scenario.

You dislike to know that your beloved tubes are in fact a litter of electronics for today enjoyment of MUSIC, no ofense to any one. It's just a real fact. I posted here and everywhere:

IT DOES NOT MATTERS WHAT YOU OR ME LIKE IT because this is not the audio subject I'm refering. I'm talking of MUSIC and its today reproduction in a home audio system. Subjectivity is not important but facts.

Almost all of you are angry because your subject reference is your own/self subjectivity ( as the Baskin Robbins example posted here. ) with out not a little/tiny piece of objectivity/facts.

I understand very clear almost all of you high frustration when you read my posts here or elsewhere and from where comes that kind of frustration levels ( that are not against Raul. )?:

that here or elsewhere all of you have not a single fact a single real fact that can prove that everything I posted is totally wrong and that's why insult me in different ways.

You say is almost a misunderstanding from me but please re-read this post and you will " see " that you and me are talking of different subjects. Try to identify my main subject and I'm sure you will understand that "  your obtuse arrogance " that in reality does not exist. I'm not in that way.

"  absolute disrepect of other contributors .. ", ABSOLUTELY NOT, I always have respect for any human been it does not matters that disagree with my explained facts. That's why I never give/gave or post an insult to any gentleman even if he insult me as almost all of you. I know that in reality " you are not talking " but whom is talking is that frustration level generated by ignorance levels.
When we learn ignorance levels improves and that's it. I never try to diminish any one of you, ever.

I'm not challenging any one because there is nothing to challenge for, no one has facts to " win " a challenge of that kind. No one.

Regrads and enjoy the MUSIC not DISTORTIONS,
R.

This peeing match reminds me of the discord over CD vs. LP.  I must agree with other posters here, get back to making suggestions for new production tubes contenders. One can argue ad nauseum over the efficacies of tube vs. solid state and I don't believe it will change anyone's  mind in the end.