Amateur inherited an audio system...

Recently I've inherited an audio system. I have no idea of what they are, I have never heard any of the brand names before, but upon checking on the internet I've found out they are somewhat high quality units. It consisted of Meridian 506 CD Player, Forte Forty-Four Pre-amp, Forte Fifty-Five Amp, Velodyne Sub and a pair of Rogers LS3/5A speakers. Some friend suggested I check out Audiogon.com, but as far as I can see most of the stuff are WAY over my head. Now that I found out about their value, my girlfriend is pressuring me to sell it, my question is.. Should I keep the system or sell it? It sounds very nice but my girlfriend keeps saying I don't need anything this fancy. Also, if I am going to sell it, is it better selling it as a system or piece-by-piece? Is eBay good for something like this? Any idea will be appreciated. Sorry for being so shallow, I really don't know much about high end audio... Thank you very much in advance.
raycc
"You don't need anything that fancy"...remember that phrase when it comes time for an engagement ring.
Play her favorite romantic music on the new system, light a candle, share a nice wine/champagne and tell her how you drown in her beautiful eyes. Spend the evening talking about your favorite past times together. Hope she no longer asks you to sell the system for that big diamond she always wanted.

No need to get rid of either. Enjoy both. Remember - you cannot sleep with your music system.
raycc, I'll take you back to your original post "I inherited this system". When I inherited something from someone it was because the person (normally dead) thought that I would be someone who would take the time to set it up right and they thought I would enjoy it for whatever reason. (so far it's been a table saw and a car but no stereo)They are right most the time. This isn't about what your girlfriend says but what the person who gave it to you wanted which to me counts for alot and says something. Take some time and learn how to set it up to enjoy it and then just listen for a while. You might come to enjoy it with the proper set-up and it cost you nothing.The person who gave it to you wished you would enjoy it. When you say your way over your head I was at the same point only a few years ago and can tell you the basics on system setup aren't very difficult at all ;-) It's myself and other people's ideas and chasing dreams that make it difficult but also fun if you want it to but that isn't required. It's a good system. Give it some time and learn and than decide. You don't need recommendations, just time and a little effort.

Boss302

My wife inherited a bunch of Hubbel figurines (not the wall outlets) from my great aunt. They sit in this furniture thing with glass shelves, the damned things are butt ugly and worth a LOT of money. I asked her if maybe we should sell 'em (and buy a new phono preamp and cartridge), she said NFW. She likes having them cuz it reminds her of my great aunt, and, my aunt wanted her to have'em. Don't sell your rig, and if the girlfiend keeps giving you attitiude dump her, it's just the tip of the iceberg.