Best way to set gain

My new system consist of Accuphase; A-70 x2, C-2850, DP-720, DG-58, with ASLC-15 x4, and AHDL-15 x2 front end. With Martin Logan; Renaissance ESL 15A, Sony; HAP-Z1ES and Torus RM 75Bal. My question to members is what is the best way to set the gains on the amp and preamp. Which is to say should one set one high the other low such that at mid volume setting is at the level I would normally listen to. Or should one just choose settings that do not over drive the amp when at max volume. In which case should one just select gain settings the same on both units that will not overdrive amp. Opinions welcome.  
rascerman
I agree with your assessment, I have emailed the owner several times and received one response and that was it still alot of good info to be gained. Computer Audiophile is another one.

Hi tecknik

I will check them out, never heard of them before. What a sheltered life I must be leading. I will get on page, thanks again for response.

Tecknik forgot to ask if you had a Wenner soil-resistivity test done when you installed your isolated  ground grid. No big deal if you are dead quite at present, but something to consider if noise creeps in later on. Just saying.