Why does the aurender N100h sound so bright and edgy

Have ps audio direct  stream dac hooked to the aurender n100h , replacing my Mac mini ,the sound was bright and edgy with poor bottom end  , playing through my Franco serblin ktemas , and WYETECH Ruby momoblooks  must be a defective unit
pavpet
Thanks everyone for there comments being an audio file since 1970 , I know if something sounds right or it doesn't, 5 min listening to the aurender , sounded like everything played was MP3 quality,and I immediately checked this out ,as it was a borrowed unit from a friend with music on it, so my only conclusion must be fawlty unit, when aurender is out of system everything is glorious
I have the aurender and no issues. I also have the PS DS. I do prefer the aurender.
Thanks 
I can assure uou if you put all hirez files, or Flac,Wav files usjng the internal 
2Terabyte hard drive this would not be the issue.  Running a  iMac you are looking 
Detail server based knly is the way to go.  What are uou guys running gof dacs ? 
And Yes  the digital cable does count. I am using a Audio Quest Diamond.
If the Aurender 100H was this bad it woild not have won at least 5 mayor awards.
I compared everyhing from $3k on down. I had thd Bryson-2 player 
This unit is  better ,and  Aries was not as refined soundjng snd built like a plastic toy compared with internal 2T drive weighs over 10 lbs
And the Biggest memory buffer by far a Solid State 120 Gigabyte. Compare this  with Any competitor. P.s Bryson recommended and is great , DB Power amp
This not only will rip cd but will take your digital files from Apple and convert them 
To Wav,or Flac files,or many other file types for under $40. A great product to get .
Pavpet - I’m with a few other posters on this one... might just be your cables!

What power, USB cables and IC’s are you using?

Good USB and power cables in particular, will allow the PS Audio DAC to perform to its best abilities. I’ve found They have a tendency improve details and clarity and smooth things out.

Also - you have to allow the component and the cables adequate time to burn in. Some of my IC’s took over 400 hours to reach their best and in that time their "character" changed several times - from OK, to ugly, to amazing!

Just this week I installed C7 IEC connector on the power cable of my Node 2 - the improvements were instantly apparent - prior to this I had been using a quality cryo’d adapter.

If after all that you are not happy with the sound - at least you will know the cables are not the issue.

In the past four years I have had the opportunity to try some amazing cables of all types and I firmly believe cables are as important as the components themselves.

Hope that helps - Steve