Furutech AC Receptacles

Do the Furutech GTX-D R/G AC receptacles require installation with Furutech wall plates and covers?
wylmars
No they don't.

I think you get the best out of them with the wall plates and covers but you can use generic ones if you want to save some $.
Be aware of the extremely long break in required for the Furutech GTX-D and R/G AC receptacles to settle in and sound good. 300 to 600 hours, but in my opinion well worth the wait. If possible use some other means to break them in other than installation in your audio system.
I would start with just getting a Nylon receptacle cover from Home Depot. If you find the Furutech receptacle to be worth keeping, then later purchase the plate and cover. At least that's what I am doing. Step by Step.
Also, when purchasing the Receptacle, I would get it from a place that offers Burn-in...i.e. Take Five Audio or VH Audio. Good Luck!
+1 aniwolfe. That’s what I did. In fact, I picked up a pair of slight used Carbon Fiber 104 plates off eBay for $55 each. That’s half off and they were like new. Last time I check, they were available.

And yes, the plate along with GTX frame does have cumulative positive effects on overall sound.