Furutech AC Receptacles

Do the Furutech GTX-D R/G AC receptacles require installation with Furutech wall plates and covers?
wylmars
 I have spent 40 years in the electrical field including owning my own company .I have also been an audiophile for 40 years and I still can not beleive what goes on here. Can someone please explain to me what " breaks in " in an outlet ? The only actions on Your ac voltage source that actually do something are filtering and isolation. A good filtering device is the best thing to try first and will solve almost all line problems.
Cerberus79,

The Break'in of an AC outlet,  ac cord, etc. is  imaginary i.e it exist only in the brain of the person hearing it - so to  them its "real" :-)

Good Listening

Peter
If you've never experience burn-in on audiophile gear @berberus79 then I'm not sure what to say. Audio components burn-in, it happens and I've heard it many many times.

Try a Furutech receptacle and give it time to burn-in. If you don't hear any difference after a few hundred hours then don't bother - mileage varies.
@pbnaudio, have you ever installed a new cryoed outlet or the Furutech GTX-D (Rhodium) outlet?

Your system and room looks beautiful and I'll bet it sounds great!
What outlets do you use?

There are many that have and have documented (here on Audiogon) the changes that occur during the long break-in period.

Imaginary? I don’t think so.
@wylmars  - I am currently using a a couple of Furutech receptacles (GTX-D-NCF-R) without its expensive plate & cover with great result. Furutech receptacles replaced my PS Audio receptacles and the improvement was significant. I bought it from Steven Huang of Audio Senisibility (http://audiosensibility.com/blog/) who helped me break-in this receptacles for 15 days (15 x 24) w/o any additional charge.
After installing these units I used a couple of table fans running (24 X 7) for a week or so, in addition to listening to regular music, to complete the break-in process. It's important to break-in each outlet in the receptacle duplex to get the full result. Once these receptacles come in with 1/2 weeks of break-in from the dealer/seller it is a relatively easy task to complete the break-in process and get the full bloom within a week or so. Hope this helps...