Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
hi

nice to meet all thiel owners. just grab a second hand cs6  from my past 2.3 and 2.4 . cs6  have a warmer mid as i listen so far . i did try lots of cable to get a warmer and thicker mid range . 

one thing really want to mention . the dynamic speed n punch of thiel was  the best i heard so far . using it for av system was just punchy as hell .the push n stop reaction just made the hdmovie more exciting . i did try find speakers that can replace thiel in speed but i cant . please let me know if u do know .

hope the real thiel will always be with you 

Good to see you- claero-

Welcome! and post as much as you wish. What other gear, including cabling, is in your system?

Happy Listening!

hihi

nice to meet u too ...

i owned a pair of cs6 ,ss2 and a mcs1 center . 

actually the first pair of thiel was 2.2,afterwards , i did have big trouble when i just start with 2.3i , the sound with meridian g68 pre amp and proceed hpa sound so lean . expecially all my cables are match for my previous krell pre amp with lots of mid n low . 

these are the cable that i think it works well with .

nbs speaker cable,cannot be power cable (soound obviouly harsh )
kimber pk10 (my thiel just cant lkive without it especially mcs1 will shout too high n burned tweeter few times)
madrigal gel one xlr ( thickest human vocal i try so far ) 

please share some matching cables too ....

regards

Thank You- claero

Cabling is certainly the most important component in any system, as it ties, all of the gear together.  Synergy is key.

Good to read that NBS is a match for Thiel speakers (this is the 1st time I have read about an owner using it).

Some other brands to consider;
Audience
Audioquest
Kimber Kable
Norodost
Transparent
Synergistic Research
Tara Labs