Apartment Dweller's Paradise - The Ideal 2 ch. system?

We've had really great threads on Audiogon so far, so I'd like to keep the ball rolling.

One subject rarely covered enough in the music world are systems that are specifically for apartment dweller's. These systems are more modest in size and cost. Dolby Atmos? Forget-about-it!

How would you put together a system, under $10k, soup to nuts?

erik_squires
So many options for components but one of my favorite speakers, when considering space constraints, are from the Horn Shoppe in North Carolina. Full range folded horn speakers (rear vented), utilizing fostex fe126en drivers. Very efficient and compact for a small tower speaker. Made to be placed in corners (good for small spaces). It's hard to believe the sound they produce from one small 4" driver. Careful though the maker (Ed Shilling) is right out of the "basket of deplorable's". It's okay, he'll be the first one to tell you that.
Re: Horn Shoppe speakers

Forgot to mention why I feel they sound so good :/ Imaging is excellent and speakers seem to disappear in room. These are great speakers for small spaces due to their size but can also fill up a much larger space with non fatiguing sound. You might also want to check reviews on his "Truth" preamp. Very unique design and very highly regarded.

Funny you should ask.  This is how I did it in the past year....all pre-owned gear for around $10,000.00.

Lavardin IT

Linn Ikemi

JM Reynaud Bliss Silvers

Vintage Linn LP12 in NM condition: upgraded the bearing to Cirkus, the sub-chassis to Majik, the power supply to Lingo2.

The Reynauds' sound sublime at low volumes...perfect for apartment living.  It took nearly 40 years but I finally got it right.  And now I'm free to spend my disposable income elsewhere.  Life is Good.

Haven't seen anyone mention Triangle speakers which are sensitive and tube-friendly.  I have the Triangle Colors run by a Red Wine Audio (no longer in production) integrated, 15 wpc, and a red wine audio DAC.  The speakers come with port plugs for bass tuning.   

Im a big fan of all-in-one systems too.  Bel canto, Naim, and Wyred 4 Sound all make integrated+DAC + something else.  Clever little boxes.  Matching speakers like some Proac monitors would be cool.  

@asahitoro : I think you nailed.  Great recommendations.  
Mark and Daniels  Topaz, Rubies or Sapphires (insanely refined, coherent, huge sound image masters from minimonitors) No sub needed. Mind boggling on IsoAcoustic Aperta stands.
bel canto DAC2.7 or 3.7 and CD3t 
bel cantor eOne series Ref500S  or Job 225
Cullen Cables power cords, ICs and SCs (very high value)
Gaming PC with great sound card and 4TB drive... connected to the DAC
The above takes very little space, is versatile , remote controllable and can fit on a side table top.  Totally does with realism chamber to EDM .  Add used TT if that's for you and you have space.