Apartment Dweller's Paradise - The Ideal 2 ch. system?

We've had really great threads on Audiogon so far, so I'd like to keep the ball rolling.

One subject rarely covered enough in the music world are systems that are specifically for apartment dweller's. These systems are more modest in size and cost. Dolby Atmos? Forget-about-it!

How would you put together a system, under $10k, soup to nuts?

erik_squires
Move out of the apartment and buy a house gives a lot more room,
might even be able too have 2 systems like me.
Most of US is in a bubble on housing , an 100 grand a year job won't get you a house  in many places . Most houses in Twin Cities sell for over listed price, often Far over , and are financed by  the Bank of Mom & Dad .
Hi Guys,

I know the ideal situation is to move to the wilderness and build your own home with a separate home theater and music room, and most of the reviews in Stereophile seem to pretend that is the only consumer of good audio gear.

The purpose of this thread however is to explore gear that is much more friendly to modest spaces and systems. Perhaps not just in modest homes/apartments but also offices.

Let's try to keep the focus on good gear for smaller spaces and budgets please.

Best,

Erik
I like what I heard from the Odyssey Kismet speaker that was on display at a show.  I believe the company makes direct sales, so it may not be that easy to arrange an audition.  I heard them in a small room at a show, placed not to far from the back wall, so I think they are suited for small spaces (small floor-standing speakers).

In the much more expensive camp, the smallest and cheapest Raidho speaker is pretty good (to me, better than their bigger speakers).

The British company Neat makes some nice speakers that will be a good fit for smaller rooms.

Also quite hard to find for audition, but worth looking for are Trenner and Friedl (Austrian) speakers.  These are lively sounding speakers that are a little bit off the beaten path.