Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I can't believe Sonus Faber Amati, Extrema, Guarneri Homage, Electa Amator, and Minima Amator haven't been nominated. In addition to good sound, they are masterpiece of modern art and deserved to be in every collectors' hands.
Any made LS3/5A. No others can match in terms of mid range sweetness, at the price range.
ProAc is great speaker! I don't know if there are better speakers than what you have. Are you not feeling good listening music with ProAc? You have been using your ProAc for 9 yars. You know ProAc better than any others. Whatever the speaker you change, you are gonna have some problems. Finding a optimal position for new speakers takes at least 6 monthes. New speakers have to be break in for few weeks. There is no guarantee it will sound better. I bet that new speaker will never sound better(after 9 years using ProAc.) Changing new speaker will commend you to change other gears. I was there many times. Why change if its not broken. Changing speakers may be good idea (after 9 years of using) if your gears are very low-end gears that you are not proud of. But that is not the case here.

I am selling Mi-Horn. I recommend to try Mi-Horn witout any risks.

Mi-Horn will make your speaker very musical. I don't know what you are looking for from the sound of your system. When the sound system musical, you don't think about sound stage, focus, imaging, tone, etc. You just listen music and feeling great. Many high-end systems sound so good that one can actually feel the phisical presence of musical note in the sound stage in the space. My Avalon system was like that. But lots of them don't give you much musical satisfaction like mine was. I don't know that many high-end systems are not musical. We, LP player, should have more satisfaction from digital sources more often. I have been struggling with changing gears for 20 years that make me think this may be the marketing strategy from high-end manufacturers to sell more gears. So, they make gears sound good but not musical.

Mi-Horn works best in the center channel speaker in home theater system. Horn = Dialogue, Female voice. MI-HORN IS NOT SOUND LIKE A HORN. Mi-Horn doesn't change the original sound of your speakers. Mi-Horn prevent the alteration of the original sound of speakers from room reflections. If you have a sub-woofer, Mi-Horn will give you a good balance between powerful low bass and mid and high frequencies. The speaker with Mi-Horn will sound clearer and musical. If you have seen Burmester B99 (http://www.burmester.de/images/mat/lautsprecher-b99-big.jpg), you will see why Mi-Horn will sound great.

Try Mi-Horn, and forget about upgrade or even whole elcetronics, CD, DVD, movies. Just enjoy music and sound track. And you will keep your speakers until they wear out and fall off.

And Mi-Horn looks great that everyone will love it. I am impressed every morning and night with color and finish of Mi-Horn on my Avalon. They are so shiny with lots of metal inside.

Happy listening. :>)
What a wonderful question! Also a great reminder that it is not about the equipment, it is about the music. With that said, I could be happy with any of the following;

Avantgarde's (any model)
Quad ESL's (any model)
Thiel CS-1's
Magnapan MG 1's or 2's
LS3/5A's

All of these have very different characteristics, but they all do an excellent job of what they were designed to do.