Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
It is peculiar, no? I don’t spend ANY time on tube amp or SS amp threads telling them how their preferred choice of amplification is inferior.

All, doubtless George enjoys throwing red herrings that are well past their prime... And the whole argument of... If a luminary like ML could not do class D right, it must mean that class D is not ready for prime time is, well.... A logical fallacy called  a flawed induction step.

On the other hand, this being an open forum hosted in an open Country, asking friend George to decamp and settle on a more traditionalist audio watering whole is not a very nice thing to do to an old friend.

His amused needling of us is actually refreshing... Makes us remember that things are ever evolving, and that what we deem fabulous today, will before long be deemed obsolete. And who knows.. May be those superfast transistors he is always talking about will before long let class D amps achieve this vaunted realm of 0.003% distortion.

Oh... I must be daft. NCore NC1200 based amps are already capable of 0.003% distortion plus or minus some smidjin.... using standard 500Khz switching frequencies... Oh well, Need to find something else that class D can'd do.... We sure wouldn't want to use our ears and discover amazing music on class D to our chagrin, wouldn't we?!

G.

@sfseay -- did your Auralic Meraks come with power cables? If so, are  you using them or do you find they sound better with something else?