Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
I'm not trying to bash class-D.  Hell, maybe my ears are flawed, or the associated equipment or rooms were the culprits.  Small sample size.  Pretty sure the most listening was when I was with a two friends at different times who were shopping and were being pitched some class-D amps.  One went with some Marantz and B&W and the other went with Rotel and Martin Logan.

For my, the class-D amps left a bad taste in my ears.  Maybe the tech was primitive a decade ago.
Stop listening with your eyes (reading specs) and start listening with your ears. That is the only proof needed. And stop with the ten-year old stories. Get in the now.
And stop with the ten-year old stories. Get in the now.
The only current crop of D’s I’ve heard that have semi impressed, were the new Belcanto Ref 600M Monoblocks, yes they use the the newest "best" N-force NC500 modules that aren’t available to anyone but to Belcanto and other manufacturers.

But Belcanto modifies them from what I’ve we were told by the importer/demonstrator, that was to either cascade/parallel or series a couple of the low order switching noise output filters to give a sharper filtering effect of the switching noise.

But any speaker manufacturer worth his salt will tell you that doubling up on low order high power filters at or around the same area has it own set of problems with ringing ect.

This is similar to what Mark Levinson tried with their $50k ML No.53 monoblocks, if you look inside at the series/paralleled?? massive red inductors in the pics.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/mark-levinson-no53-reference-monoblock-power-amplifier

Cheers George
I just got some digital amplifier company inline maraschino class d amps to replace my Odyssey kismet class ab monos and I'm amazed how good they sound.  I used to have an emerald physics ep100.2se class d stereo amp and the inline maraschino blow that away and is on the same level as the kismets