Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have owned a pair of Bud Fried tweaked TLS80's since 1978. I have never grown tired of listening to them. They require nominal power and they sound great with very ordinary power supply. Transmission line bass is like nothing else available. I use them in my home theater set up and have absolutely no need for a sub woofer.
I recently acquired a pair of old JR149 9"x15" cylinder type speakers with a matching JR sub-woofer, amp, and crossover. The JR's use similar drivers as the TLS80's - Kef 110's and a 127 tweeter. JR's are often compared to BBC designed mini monitors like the Rogers LS3/5 because they incorporate the identical drivers to the JR's. I think they sound better. I guess I prefer British sound theory - and older is sometimes surprising better.
I have three pair that I will more than likely have till the day I die.
The first is the Braun L-810 circa 1970, driven by Carver, still able to create goose bumps. My main system is the Apogee Stage(1991)driven by a pair of McCormack mono blocks, goose bumps to tears in the same movement. Finally a pair of Fried Beta Signatures driven by a Bryston 2B fronted by my PC workstation, just plain fun.
I bought my Infinity Kappa 8.1's in 1993 and have not had the urge to change. Still like new.
I agree with an earlier response...The 805s is a special speaker in the line, and definately a monitor to hold on to. Good with lots of equipment, magic with tubes. A sleeper in the B&W line.
Genesis APM1s. I just got a great deal on a used pair.
I can't imagine anything being better than these for the
price I paid, or even close.