Bose 901 Series ii

I own a set of Bose 901s with the equalizer.  I have them paired to a Carver pm700 200wpc amp, and am using a Harmon Kardon 630 for the pre-amp and tuner?  Any suggestions for something that might put out a little better sound and not break the bank?  And yes I know, no highs not lows must be Bose.
mdschmi
Stacking means placing one on top of another. Thus, you would be driving 4 901s.

i have 4 901's. i have 2 for the front and 2 for the sides. this is what was called the "super bose system" back in the 70's.
Stack enough of them and you'll have a version of the typical live concert line array.  Insanely loud, and capable of accepting more power than your home wiring can handle.  Can break any lease that any fool would let you sign.  Would bring the local PD to your door not long after you turned the knob past 5.

Probably would funny as hell to try Once.  It would take awhile for your ears to recover and to repair all the cracked plaster and/or rippled sheetrock.

Let me know when you plan to try this.  I'll come with a chair, cooler, and umbrella to watch from a safe distance...;)
i was told by a mcintosh dealer that allthough the 901's are rated to handle 270 watts, if you have 4, 2 per chanell, that does'nt mean it will handle 540 watts. this would apply to the original and series 2.