Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
For the time being, we're really enjoying the Harbeth C7-ES3's. For life is a ling time, though these C7's are truly remarkable!
Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE. The only VS speaker my wife could live with in our living room. It makes no compromises compared to others on the 10-20k price range that I can think of.
Its really hard to say.. There are many depending on price range. I would go with Wilson Watt/Puppies especially newer versions or Wilson Sasha. Such a wide stage and clean balanced sound in every aspect. Will easily smoke B&W's, focals or any other brands in probably 30K price range when matched with good pre amp and amp.
"The best possible speakers to hang onto life" I believe this falls on the conundrum side of catch 22 situations. However if I were to try and accomplish this..... I think I would start with a custom built setup designed from scratch. Making sure to use all weather build materials and all weather drivers. Today's market has a plethora of those all weather, super high end drivers to chose from. Hey for the right price I might even be interested in building a set for you, now that I see the challenge ahead, it looks kinda interesting.
My little Linn Kans are still with me after literally dozens of different stand mount speakers. They just work in a small room close to the wall like no other speaker I have tried costing ten times the price of the Kans.