Open to buy a new pair of headphones.

I will listen to these mainly at night to monitor my favorite Jazz station in bed before I sleep.  Any experience/suggestions?  I am fond of Magnepans for my listening, so that might help with suggestions for 'phones. 
whatjd
It will be in my bedroom system that has an oppo cd/sacd player and a Magnum Dynalab 208 receiver.  Thanks for asking.  Jim
those headphones vary a lot - have some comparisons based on what I own

[1] Mediocre sound - Bose QC-25; meh sound. muffles base, voice is okay for alto type voices (pop/country/folk), mediocre for complex music (classical orchestral); its really the noise reduction for long airplane rides which I have to do...
[2] Sennheiser HD 600 - a very nice balanced headphone. I’ve used it for all types of listening and compared to my prime stereo system, its a tad "airy" with a good but not profound bass. Tonality is neutral but detailed. Not a "rich" sound, but something very listenable to almost anything for long periods of time. Also, its not very tight or heavy - so mechanically comfortable. Open back so you can hear your surroundings somewhat.
[3] Audeze LCD-X - a great sound. Compared to the Sennheiser, its a more profound sound. Richer texture, a more encompassing sound stage - perhaps it tends to bring up color where the HD 600 tends to dry it out a bit more. These are not huge things, but it is different. This is a heavy set of phones - so harder to sit and listen endlessly with them.

If I had to buy for all purpose great sound with comfort and long-use, I like my HD 600. For the best sound, its the LCD-X. On an airplane its the Bose....

Quick edit:  My headphone amp / DAC is a NuPrime DAC-10H - which is a very fine DAC with a very good SS stage. I've also used a NuPrime uDSD which is also an very fine sound, with a tad less drive - but they both work will with the phones above.  Advice - you will need to spend good (but not crazy) money on the DAC / headphone amp.  You can tune that spend toward tubes and more $$$ to enrich the sound, reduce or eliminate the "SS" sound and so on.  Given I have a tube pre and tube amp on my prime stereo system, I went with SS for the headphones as its dependable, easy, and not running hot in my office...

I think comfort and whether or not you need to be concerned about disturbing a partner who may be trying to sleep will be your primary criterion.  Also a lot depends on whether you will be lying on your back or side, or sitting up a bit.   These are very personal, So I think try before you buy is the best advice.  So see if you can borrow some.  Cable Co. I think has lenders.  If you find IEMs comfortable, they might be the most adaptable but some people cannot tolerate them.